StephanieParent

Stephanie Parent, Reader and Writer

Stephanie Parent is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at USC and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts as a piano major. She moved to Los Angeles because of Francesca Lia Block's WEETZIE BAT books, which might give you some idea of how much books mean to her. She also loves dogs, books about dogs, and sugary coffee drinks both hot and cold.
Those Four Letter Words (TFLW, #0.5) - Christina Channelle Those Four Letter Words packed a lot of emotional punch for a novella. I was drawn in immediately by Jade’s raw, authentic teenage voice. The author did a wonderful job of crafting her as a sharp-edged character with some hidden vulnerabilities. Since it’s a novella, it’s hard to say too much about the plot without spoiling it, but I will say the author captured the difficulty of feeling justifiably angry with someone, yet at the same time feeling guilty and torn because that person has gone through something horrible. It’s a very difficult situation to deal with, and the author depicted that push-pull of emotions very well. With all that happens in Those Four Letter Words, I hope the author plans to continue Jade’s story, because I’m eager to see how she handles the many changes in her life.