StephanieParent

Stephanie Parent, Reader and Writer

Stephanie Parent is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at USC and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts as a piano major. She moved to Los Angeles because of Francesca Lia Block's WEETZIE BAT books, which might give you some idea of how much books mean to her. She also loves dogs, books about dogs, and sugary coffee drinks both hot and cold.
After Math - Denise Grover Swank I received a copy of this book from AToMR Tours in exchange for my honest review.I haven’t yet read as many new adult books as many of my blogger and author friends (I’m trying to fix that!), but of the ones I have read, this is definitely one of the best, if not the best. Anyone who says NA is just young adult with sex needs to read this book. Tucker and Scarlett aren’t even dating for most of the book! Much more than just a sexy romance, this is a story of two young people overcoming the wounds of their past and learning to trust and put their faith in another person for the first time. I thought Scarlett and Tucker were both characterized and fleshed out so well; both have been severely let down by the people who should have taken care of them, and despite the huge differences in their outward personalities, this thread connects them. Both characters’ pasts were believable and heartbreaking without becoming over the top or melodramatic. I really fell in love with both of them and wanted so badly for them to find happiness. I very much appreciated the way the author developed the romance slowly and subtly, placing as much importance on the small moments of trust and friendship between the two as the progression of their romantic feelings. The writing also flowed beautifully with just the right amount of internal reflection. I’m looking forward to reading more from this author!