StephanieParent

Stephanie Parent, Reader and Writer

Stephanie Parent is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at USC and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts as a piano major. She moved to Los Angeles because of Francesca Lia Block's WEETZIE BAT books, which might give you some idea of how much books mean to her. She also loves dogs, books about dogs, and sugary coffee drinks both hot and cold.
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1) - Rhiannon Frater So much fun! I loved the creepy gothic feel that managed to be both modern and deliciously old-fashioned, with references to the novel Dracula, classic horror films, and more. Even though the episode is short, it gives us insight into two dangerous situations occurring on different timelines, and I'm so eager to see what happens! I feel like the lush, dark, gothic storytelling lends itself particularly well to the serial format. This is my first introduction to Rhiannon Frater's writing after hearing so many great things about her, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I'll be seeking out more of her work!