StephanieParent

Stephanie Parent, Reader and Writer

Stephanie Parent is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at USC and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts as a piano major. She moved to Los Angeles because of Francesca Lia Block's WEETZIE BAT books, which might give you some idea of how much books mean to her. She also loves dogs, books about dogs, and sugary coffee drinks both hot and cold.
Red Fox - Karina Halle It's no secret that I'm a fan of Karina Halle's writing and characters,and since I've always been fascinated by Native American culture in general and the concept of skinwalkers in particular, this read was just about perfect for me! I'm not going to do a detailed review here, but I will say that I've always had a bit of a weird fear of sweat lodges/saunas/etc., and thanks to Karina Halle that fear is now a raging terror!The EIT books series makes me so thankful for the rise of indie publishing as well. While I know that publishers do important work and most of my favorite books are traditionally published, I can't help thinking that a publisher might have smoothed out some of the darkness and edginess, the little oddities and idiosyncrasies that make this series and its characters so special.