StephanieParent

Stephanie Parent, Reader and Writer

Stephanie Parent is a graduate of the Master of Professional Writing program at USC and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts as a piano major. She moved to Los Angeles because of Francesca Lia Block's WEETZIE BAT books, which might give you some idea of how much books mean to her. She also loves dogs, books about dogs, and sugary coffee drinks both hot and cold.
Death in the Shadows (In Darkness We Must Abide, #2) - Rhiannon Frater Death in the Shadows continues the deliciously dark, modern gothic tale begun in Death Comes Home. In this episode, the danger multiplies and the stakes rise... I really grew to like Alisha more in this episode, and I love that Rhiannon Frater has created such strong female characters in Alisha and Vanora. I also love the way the author weaves in aspects of traditional vampire lore and stories--this tale feels very grounded in the gothic tradition of Bram Stoker and Anne Rice, while also having a modern edge to it. One new development that really intrigued me in this episode was the idea that vampires feel emotions more intensely than humans. I'm curious to see how Frater develops that throughout the series.I'm not sure if the serial form has traditionally been used for horror fiction, but it works really well for this story. Can't wait to read more!